Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5.5.09 Progress













I only have a moment today...I ran out of healthy food (aka: turkey and cherry tomatoes) at home and must run to Trader Joe"s during my wee lunch hour.

I love my sculpture. : ) She has turned the corner for me from struggling to be to actually being. She is taking on a life of her own. I feel the drive to continue sculpting, complete the process and let her live. When I first start a new sculpture I feel inspired by what could be. my hopes and dreams for what I want it to portray. The emotion I want to bring out. to Harness and capture the energy of life. It is intoxicating. Then I start....I jump in...and it is really hard. I am always surprised by how hard starting is.....

There is a defining moment when each piece emerges from this struggle and I can see the potential again. She is there! I just need to keep going! That happened this week. Once again I feel renewed and excited. I wish that I had more time to work....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I see her! :)
    As far as starting goes . . . I totally feel you! Wow, hard work. I am finally at a point in my current project where it is doing the work for me, I just need to keep unwrapping the pieces and putting together what is already there.
    Keep up the great work! I am so excited to see more.
    (Great pic of you too, btw).

    ReplyDelete